Sassy by name, Sassy by nature, I write to explode the myths which surround the lapdancing profession - standing up for the clubs, the girls and the customers. Its not always drinking champagne and playing with my tits - it can be hassle, hustling and hangovers. At heart I'm just a regular twenty-something posh cockney living in London who likes taking her clothes off...
I’ve been asked recently by several readers for advice on how to become a lapdancer in London. I’ve been a stripper in London and have also worked abroad as a travelling/holidaying lapdancer. Stripper’s on tour! So it’s safe to say I know the basics on becoming a stripper.
I can certainly help girls on how to become a lapdancer in London. BUT – I think many are missing the point of the job. Check out this email below;
I’m 21, moving to London just having graduated and am looking for a way to get extra cash – whether it’s possible just to ‘slip’ in to this profession and ‘slip out’ easily I don’t know yet! I’m confident, have never danced before, I’m very ‘English’, I’m pretty slim but could do with some work to be more groomed/body wise. I’m tall at 5ft 8 but look a little younger than I am. How likely am I to be accepted at a club?
Notice that a lot of the query rests on appearance. Whilst looks are obviously key in this job, you would be surprised – you don’t have to look like a supermodel to make the cut in an audition…..
My top tips are;
- Go to a couple of strip clubs first. Secrets has ladies nights occasionally, and most clubs will let girls in if accompanied by a man. (Many clubs will not let unaccompanied women in, sadly). I’d recommend Platinum Lace & the Windmill if it’s your first time in a stripclub and you live in London. This is because both are based near Leicester Square so you won’t feel like you are making a perverted trip to a strange part of town. You can also hit the gay bars in nearby Soho afterwards for a masterclass in attitude and wearing heels and frocks that you really shouldn’t be.
- Watch MTV and all those nasty hip hop videos. Emulate the bump and grinds and then slow it down till you look like you are bored. That’s how to lapdance.
- Get GHDS and either straighten or curl your hair. Hairspray and backcombing are mandatory. Then add big drop diamante earrings.
- Golden Rule 1; ALWAYS wear fake tan. If you don’t want to look like you have been tangoed, use Rimmel Sun-shimmer – ALWAYS medium shimmer, not fair or matte. Apply to a pre-moisturised body with a mitt and don’t forget your bum crack.
- Golden Rule 2: ALWAYS wear fake lashes. Think Jodie Marsh when you are applying make-up.
- AUDITIONS; held at most clubs in the afternoons or early evenings. They will ask you to dance 2 songs on a stage with a pole, one with your clothes on, then take your clothes off and dance in just your G-string for the 2nd song. There will be NO-ONE in the club at that early hour, just the manager and lots of bored strippers staring at you. So don’t sweat the ‘will I look ok’ bit. They’ve seen it all before.
- LIE; say you’ve danced somewhere before. ie: “I danced in Leeds whilst at University for a bit” – google a club before. “It’s been a while though so I’m a little nervous.” Born-again Virgins are likely to elicit more sympathy and a job when compared to a fresh off the boat newbie.
- FIRST NIGHT; Remember stripping is about SALES. You have to pay to work a shift and get your money back any way you can. So practice speaking, persuasion, being pushy and smiling.
- LOOKS; You get tall, short, chubby, flat-titted, cellulited strippers all the time. That’s why we wear fake-tan – it hides a multitude of sins. Failing that, find a club that is too cheap to afford a decent lighting system – it’ll be so dark that no-one will notice.
And don’t forget to smile and enjoy yourself!
P.S. I hope you enjoy and use my advice on how to become a lapdancer in London. You can, of course, use my advice on becoming a stripper for anywhere, or anyone. Remember, don’t despair. If you fail at one club, audition at another. There are around 30 stripclubs in London, many more in the UK, and MILLIONS of tittiejoints worldwide. So grab life by the high heels, and audition tonight – now that you know how to become a lapdancer in London!